Before you install and configure Apatar, you must provide the following pre-installation requirements.
- 100 MB of disk space
- 512 MB of RAM
- 1GHz processor
To install Apatar, please follow these steps:
- Download Apatar installation package
- Run the ".exe" file
- Select components to install:
- Choose destination folder
- Choose Start menu folder
- Wait while Apatar files are being extracted
Once Apatar is installed, you can run the application from the Apatar folder in your system's "Start" menu.
Java Runtime Environment Version Issues
Apatar requires Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.6 to work properly. If you don't have JRE installed, an automated setup wizard will be launched.
Please note that Apatar will ONLY work with JRE 1.6. If you have an older JRE version, or multiple JRE versions, reinstallation is required. When installing JRE 1.6 on a system with a different version of the environment previously installed, please make sure to repeat the following steps:
- In the Windows Control Panel, run Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the item titled J2SE Runtime Environment.
- Click Remove.
- If there are several J2SE Runtime Environment items, make sure to remove all of them.
- Now, open the Program Files folder of your local system disk in Windows Explorer.
- Remove the Java folder.
- Once the folder has been deleted, please restart your computer.
Finally, you can install JRE 1.6.
When you run Apatar for the first time after the installation, you will be asked to log in.
If you already have an account on Apatarforge.org,
- Check Existing User.
- Enter your login and password.
- Press Ok.
If you are new to Apatar and do not have an account,
- Check New User.
- Fill in the form below. If you want to make sure the user name you have chosen is available, click Check Availability.
This user name is unavailable. You have got to choose another one.
This user name is available.
- If you are using a proxy server, check Set up Proxy Server, and specify the server's host, port, user, and password.
- Click Ok.
After that, a confirmation letter will be sent to the email address you specified. Please make sure to read it.
Now, you can start working with Apatar.
Running Apatar on Windows Vista and Windows 7
If you want to run Apatar on Windows Vista or Windows 7 but experience problems, such as "The application is already running. Only one instance of the application is allowed at a moment," try the following:
- Go to the folder where Apatar is installed in and delete the tempdb folder
- Run Apatar as Administrator (right-click on the "application.bat" file and choose this option)
Instructions to Install Apatar for Linux